Welcome to Smash That Camera!
Storyboards and Scripts
- Chatbot flowchart (based on an interactive script PNG - 386 KB)
- Prehistoric PEI animation storyboards (PDF - 5.2 MB)
- Prehistoric PEI animation script (PDF - 42 KB)
- Connected Farmer 60-second video script (PDF - 21 KB)
- Homburg On-Demand promotional video script (PDF - 35 KB)
- Car dealership radio ad script (PDF - 27 KB)
You can't build a house without a plan. Likewise, scripts form the bedrock for effective radio, TV, and online campaigns. Even without narration or actors, they perform a vital function by letting your team know what goes where (and who does what) at any given moment. Storyboards add flesh to concepts that are best conveyed in a visual manner, providing teams with the necessary direction when, and where, it matters most.
Business and Advertising
- CHIRP International WordPress guide (PDF - 2.1 MB)
- ALS Society BBQ fundraiser press release (PDF - 475 KB)
- ALS Society BBQ fundraiser poster (PDF - 1.6 MB)
- Homburg On-Demand press releases (PDF - 82 KB)
- Cruise Holidays cruise poster (PDF - 12 MB)
A pretty image can't always stand alone. Sometimes you need to buttress your visual presentation with (shudder) TEXT! In such cases copywriting kicks in, demanding the same precision and (occasionally) brevity that propels the best journalistic writing. After all, you need to grab your readers by their lapels and hook them with text that captivates, compels, and instructs.
Blog and Magazine Articles
- Larmahil Blog: Building a Better Chatbot — A Play in Three Acts.
- RED Magazine, Spring 2018: Driving Into Prehistory (PDF - 54 KB)
- Larmahil Blog: How a script will help you connect with your audience.
- Shunkpiking Magazine, Fall 1996: Polly Cove (PDF - 32 MB)
Long-form journalistic writing allows for more in-depth coverage and greater detail than ordinary news articles. It also provides an opportunity for writers to show off their research and descriptive skills in a more literary format. At their best, well-written pieces can endure as valuable resources for both entertainment and education for many years — even decades — beyond their publication dates.